Valley Water Mentoring Program consists of two sub-programs: 1:1 Mentoring Program and New Hire Buddy Program.
Click here for more information on 1:1 Mentoring Program.
Click here for more information on New Hire Buddy Program.
By participating in either 1:1 Mentoring Program or New Hire Buddy Program, as a Buddy, the participants contribute towards their "Succession & Talent Development" EDPP goals (http://www.aqua.gov/cultivate-succession-initiative).
NOTE: Participants need supervisor approval to participate in these programs.
Valley Water Mentoring Program, 1:1 Mentoring Program, and the New Hire Buddy Program are administered by Workforce Development. For more information about the program, please contact the Workforce Development team at WorkforceDevelopment@valleywater.org.
Why Become a Mentor or Mentee?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills and your leadership skills
- GROW your network within the organization
- ADVANCE your leadership skills, opportunities, and build your career path
- GAIN a better understanding of the organization and to navigate workplace challenges
Why Become a New Hire Buddy?
- GROW by teaching and guiding a new hire
- LEARN by working with a brand new Valley Water employee and understanding a new hire's paradigm
- DEVELOP your coaching and mentoring skills
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell